2019 is shaping up to be a busy year of travel already. I quickly started knocking out my goals for the year in visiting NEW places. So guilty of going back to the same spots. Although amazing, it’s nice to challenge yourself and get outside your comfort zone to explore new destinations. But something I don’t usually stray from, is my usual go to airport snacks and routine.
I feel like everyone has their routine at the airport. For me, I like to get there not TOO early, but enough time to head to the lounge to grab something to eat and a coffee. With TSA Pre-Check, it makes getting through an already efficient airport at ATL that much faster. So I really don’t need to get to the airport until about 20 minutes before my flight. Yes, it’s that efficient. But you just never know, so I shoot for an hour and a half. Once I get through security I typically head straight to the lounge. The perks of the Amex Platinum Card. If you haven’t gotten one and travel a ton, I can’t recommend it enough. It has paid for itself easily year after year.
I like to grab a coffee and post up with my computer to get some work done before I head out. I try to fill my belly enough before any flight so I’m not indulging in all the pretzels and snack mix. Although the lounge has great options, sometimes I’m not ALWAYS feeling it. Or, I’m flying a different airline and don’t have access!
A few favorite airport snacks I like to grab are
- Steel Cut Oats – full of filling carbohydrates and fiber, these are a great option. I grab these at Corner Bakery but Starbucks has oatmeal too which is great!
- Soy Latte – or coconut now that it’s my new go to
- Starbucks Bacon Gouda Sandwich – it’s simply the best sandwich they have! If it’s lunch or dinner time, I like the pesto chicken, so so good!
- Gummy Bears – My weakness when it comes to candy. There’s something so satisfying about a gummy candy. This is my
guilty pleasure when I fly. go to
- Junior Mints – I feel like I’m the minority on this one, but Junior Mints are my FAVORITE.
- Doritos – If there’s a potato chip I’m going to eat, it’s only going to be Doritos. Period. Cool Ranch or Spicy Nacho only, please.
Snacks I Like To Pack With Me…
On top of grabbing a coffee and sometimes a real meal, I always like to have some emergency snacks on me. Here are some favorites as of late.
- Perfect Bars – These are a new find for me ever since I started TRIM Bootcamp. They’re hands down the BEST tasting protein bar I have ever had. I like the peanut butter chocolate chip. It’s so so good. Shop the bars here.
- Kind Bars – Can’t ever go wrong with a Kind bar, right?
- Candied Spiced Pecans – I buy these at Trader Joe’s and they’re the perfect combo of sweet, spicy and salty. Plus, nuts are a great option to fill you up.
- Nut Thins – I love a good crunchy snack and these come in a variety of flavors to satisfy your sweet, salty or spicy tooth.
- Dried Fruit – A good sweet option to have, I personally love dried mango!
PS always pack a water bottle to easily fill and stay hydrated throughout your travel day. It’s amazing what a big glass of water can not only do for satiating your hunger (you’re likely thirsty, not hungry!) and also keep you feeling more
Shop The Look
PS want more travel tips? Check out my favorite travel bags here and my Atlanta guide here.
- PIN IT