Photo by JNelly
I did a post last year about my favorite shows and documentaries that I had been binging. It was so fun to see what other people were watching so I could find new things to waste my time on. There’s nothing I love more than sitting on my couch with Pork and binging on a great series. I also find it to be the best way to pass the time on an airplane. So since there’s so many new things I’ve been watching and obsessing over, I thought I’d share an updated list of what I’m currently binging. This list is also inclusive of On Demand shows, so not just Netflix.
Favorite Shows & Specials
- Chelsea – I’m a big Chelsea Handler fan and her new Netflix nightly show is kind of amazing. She’s taken a serious interest in politics and although her and I don’t always agree, it’s actually really interesting to see her many guests who are experts in politics and regulation. I feel like I’ve learned a lot lately thanks to her.
- The Keepers – I love a good murder mystery and this one includes an unsolved murder of a nun in the catholic church. The conspiracies associated with it are mind blowing. Another good one to watch is Spotlight!
- Scientology and the Aftermath – Leah Remini is the host of this revealing docuseries sharing heartbreaking stories of the Church of Scientology. This world is so fascinating to me and I could watch documentaries on it for days.
- Flaked – The second season finally aired and I just really love this weird storyline. Will Arnett (who I’m secretly in love with) has a web of lies that get more and more interesting over time.
- 13 Reasons Why – I got about 1/3 of the way through on this and plan to finish it soon. We live in a sad world of bullying these days and this really shines a light on the effects of it.
- Master of None Season 2 – In my first post about my favorite shows, this was listed and I couldn’t WAIT for the 2nd season to be here. It’s good, but maybe not as good as the first. It’s still worth a watch though especially if you’re currently dating.
- Trevor Noah Afraid of the Dark – I love a good standup and Trevor Noah is not only hilarious but totally cute. His impersonations are the best!