If you’re not a Trader Joe’s fan, hear me out. I used to HATE this store. Yes, hate. I would go for my usual basic things and would get so frustrated. From random flavors of normal every day items (like maybe black beans but with some strange sauce) to just not having the product or produce I wanted. I would get SO annoyed and never understand why people LOVE this store so much.
Then I started to shop Trader Joe’s more like a TJ’s fan should. Buying their unique brand items and stepping outside of my usual grocery shopping routine. And now it is one of my FAVORITE places to visit. It really takes a few good recommendations from a friend or two to get into the swing of things at TJ’s. There are certain things I buy here, but don’t dare buy anywhere else. And vice versa.
This store has also made quick and easy meals MUCH more interesting. Especially as a single gal, I feel like it’s game-changing. I always have really great options I can heat up in minutes, or whip together in under 10. Here are my favorite products that I buy on repeat and swear by. I promise you’ll love them as much as I do!
My Trader Joe’s Shopping List
My Favorite Condiments, Dressings + Dips
- Bacon Cheese Ranch Dip – Great to dip with broccoli and carrots
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – Truly as good as the homemade version, you’ve been warned! Buy two tubs of it and thank me later.
- Sriracha Ranch Dressing – Perfect for a drizzle on a taco, or dipped with veggies
- Feta Dressing – My go-to for a greek side salad. I usually thin it out with a squeeze of lemon
- Hot & Sweet Jalapenos – I actually chop these up and put them BACK into the jar and then use them on my tacos. They’re not super sweet either which I usually don’t like, but these are phenomenal. Currently have 2 jars in the pantry as backup.
- Jalapeno Sauce – A reader in the Facebook Group recommended this and my life is forever changed. It’s the ultimate taco drizzle. Creamy and very spicy! A little goes a long way.
- Chili Crunch – This garlic, oil, chili crunch is hands down one of the best things I discovered. It’s great over avocado toast, eggs, white rice, or mixed with a little soy sauce as a dipping sauce for potstickers. There’s tons of ways to use it and since it isn’t super hot, go heavy!
My Favorite Frozen Items
- Argentinian Frozen Shrimp – The absolute best frozen shrimp
- Chicken Burrito Bowls – Addicting. 5 minutes in the microwave and top with some hot sauce. A favorite dinner when I’m too lazy to cook.
- Cauliflower Gnocchi – A cult favorite, I like mine with pesto sauce and shrimp
- Cauliflower Stir Fry
- Mexican Style Cauliflower Rice – I’m actually NOT into cauliflower rice. I think it’s a really sad substitute for rice. And since I LOVE rice, it’s hard to get over it. But this, this is INSANE. It’s spicy, it’s flavorful, and you’d never know it was cauliflower. It’s definitely not rice, but it just feels more substantial. I serve it with chili lime salmon and drizzle with the jalapeno sauce and lots of cilantro.
- Vegetable Stir Fry – I use this for my 10 minute fried rice recipe. I sometimes halve it with cauliflower stir fry for fewer carbs
- Shredded Hash Browns – just a super easy way to make hashbrowns in the morning
- Potato Latkes – A fun holiday treat around Hannukah. I would never make these from scratch but the frozen version is fantastic. I like mine with a little applesauce.
Sweets, Treats + Snacks
- Strawberry Greek Yogurt Granola Popsicles – the perfect healthy-ish sweet treat.
- Matcha Almond Beverage – a treat, but so good!
- Candied Spicy Pecans – Addicting!
- Chocolate Covered Mint Creams – They’re like a giant Junior Mint (my favorite Halloween candy of course) but better. If I buy these, they’re gone in 24 hours.
- Mochi Ice Cream
- Oreo And Mint Chip Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches – Dangerously good, I can eat the whole package in 24 hours
- Dried Mango – Really I would eat dried mango from anywhere because it’s an absolute favorite of mine, but I like their unsweetened ones.
- Animal Crackers
- Jalapeño Puffs – they’re like Pirates Booty but spicy and garlicky.
- Crispbreads – Great for low carb
- Flax Seed Tortilla Chips – A slightly lower carb version than a traditional chip.
- Chicken Gyoza Potstickers – Perfect snack or appetizer for an Asian night. I dunk these in soy sauce with the chili crunch.
- Chicken Shawarma – this is in the meat section and is marinated and ready to cook. It’s a go-to for quick dinners as it cooks up quickly. I usually serve it with a greek salad and side salad or some rice
- Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortillas – I eat these almost every single days for tacos. They’re only 4 net carbs and so yummy
- Cheese – The only other store that rivals TJ’s is ALDI when it comes to the meat and cheese department. When making a cheese board, these are super affordable high-quality options.
- Dog Treats – I buy the classic biscuits and also the jerky for Pork. They’re affordable and few ingredients.
- Ground Coffee – I usually buy my coffee here too. I’m a Dunkin Donuts coffee fan, but sometimes get their holiday blend during the winter. I also love that it comes in a tin can, makes it super easy to deal with.
- Flowers! – One of the best things about Trader Joe’s are the affordable flower section. And thanks to this hydrangea tip I now buy them more than ever!
What did I miss? I know there’s so much more to try at Trader Joe’s and I just haven’t dove in yet. There’s a MASSIVE list of favorites in the My Style Vita Facebook Group. Join here to check it out!
Photos by Hannah Lozano