My sister and I were recently brainstorming cocktail ideas for the blog when she said “why doesn’t anyone ever use kiwis, they’re so pretty!” So here you have it, a kiwi blueberry mojito. And she was so right, kiwi’s are seriously so pretty. I love the bright green color of them against the bold black seeds. It’s such a great contrast that’s not only eye-catching, but the good part is it also tastes amazing. Pairing this sweet fruit with a favorite summertime snack, blueberries, made for a great flavor combination in one of my favorite traditional cocktails.
You can really throw just about any fruit in with a standard mojito and it’ll usually without a doubt, be great. Stick with the basic recipe and you won’t go wrong. Now to think of what combination to whip up next.
PS my lemon fizz and my pecan spiked iced tea are also great summertime cocktails.
Birch Lane Cutting Board | Cotton & Flax Tea Towel | Glasses | Muddler | Shaker | Ice Bucket
Blueberry Kiwi Mojito
- 5-6 Mint leaves torn
- 2-3 lime wedges
- 1/2 oz of simple syrup I used mint infused simple syrup
- 2 oz of white rum if you have lemon or any citrus flavored rum that works great too
- splash of soda
- Tear mint leaves and add to rocks glass along with lime wedges and simple syrup (you can also just sprinkle sugar if you don't have simple syrup)
- Muddle these ingredients together
- Add rum to the rocks glass and then transfer everything to a shaker.
- Shake everything together and then pour back into your rocks glass and top with soda water.