I have some VERY sad news to share today. My amazing beautician Rachel, is moving. I’m devastated. She fixed my botched bob job a couple years ago, made my hair awesome, and has come to my house to show myself and you all some great hair tutorials. She’s become a friend and is super fun to be around so I’m a little sad that she won’t be cutting my hair ever again. Although, I’m down for a Nashville road trip to get a good cut if anyone wants to join.
We luckily still have a few hair styles left to share and this one was one of my favorites. So in honor of her departure and new life adventure, here’s the fishtail halfsie. Something I’m confident I can even do myself. This is a really easy fishtail braid tutorial for short hair or even long hair. It’s a simple way to look a little dressed up without needing to have a ton of hair skills.
- Start with loosely curled hair (my tutorial for my waves right here).
- Take a small section of hair and begin to fishtail
- Once you finish fishtailing the section, hold the end fairly tightly and begin to pull apart the fishtail to give it texture
- Tuck the end of the braid to below your crown and under your hair (so the bobby pins are covered)
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 on the other side
- Take the middle section that isn’t braided (the crown where you’ve tucked your braids under) and part the section to add your Powdery Play for additional volume and texture.
- Curl any left over pieces (because I only curl my top half so my front sections were straight as a board, whoops).