Listen, I am all for simple outfits. And adding a little something to make them feel complete, festive, different, is what I like to do.
I don’t want a head-to-toe festive outfit. I just want a smidge of it. Nothing crazy. That’s just who I am. And I think that also allows me to not fill my closet with super niche pieces. But having a few fun things to lean on when you want to zhush up your look, is the name of the game if you ask me.
And this Mango faux fur leather lined coat is exactly the piece. When you want your jeans and a classic cotton sweater to feel more holiday and special, throw this on.
Fun Winter Toppers That Complete Your Outfits
There are so many fun winter toppers that you can add to your look. From shearling to faux fur, from cropped to long, there are options. I have slowly been adding a few fun pieces like these to my closet over the years. And they truly have some staying power.
This hunter-green faux fur coat is still a favorite when I need to make an outfit feel extra special. And I think today’s Mango fur effect coat with these leather buttons is going to be another staple year after year. I love the collarless minimal look of this coat but it still makes a statement.
Your fun winter toppers and coats can be casual or dressy. I like having a little variety. But also, let’s not forget that you 100% can wear the dressier coats with jeans and sneakers or a combat boot and dress it all down.
Try faux fur, or leopard print, or simply a bold and different hue. Having a couple of these to rotate through during the holiday and winter season will take your outfits up a notch.
A little indigo tip!
These faux fur toppers and coats are perfect for when you are struggling to figure out what to wear over a dress for a wedding. These are perfect for late fall, winter wedding events and you’ll get more use out of them!
Shop Today’s Loook
My Favorite Fun Winter Toppers To Shop
- M.M.LaFleur Jacketlove the collarThe cropped length and collar makes this a great casual option SHOP
- classic leopardcan’t go wrongThis is the perfect coat to have SHOP
- eclectic printTry this for a fun spin on animal print SHOP
- under $100perfectly croppedWear this with anything SHOP
- on my wishlistso coolTried this on and loved it SHOP
- chic in blackThis is the same one i’m wearing but in black SHOP
- classic lengthabercrombie & fitchYou’ll have this one for years to come SHOP
- seeing spotsPolka dots are always a fun trend but this takes it up a notch SHOP
- a fun party topperThe answer to “what do I wear over this dress” SHOP
- a simple printa twist on a classicIf you’re not ready for a bold statement this is a great option SHOP
- sequined bomberzara findThis is the ultimate statement jacket SHOP
- adds to cartfaux fur bikerWear this over a s sexy dress, or jeans and boots SHOP
What To Wear With Fun Winter Toppers
Slinky Slip Dresses
For a fun juxtaposition to a silky and sexy slip dress, try pairing it with an edgier winter topper. Try something that’s a moto style or has shearling to balance out the silk.
I also think you can go totally glam and sexy with faux fur paired with a silk slip dress. Add leather knee high boots for a seriously glam holiday look!
Jeans And Booties
This is my personal go-to as I am a jeans kinda gal. I like to keep my looks casual yet put-together and this is the perfect combination. For winter, I like to style some suede ankle booties (these from Inez are great) and a simple sweater with the best straight leg jeans. Let the topper do the talking!
You can really play with the topper options. For a more glam look, try a faux fur topper or sequined one. I love the Mango faux fur shearling style one that I am wearing today because it feels minimal but still special enough.
Take your sweater dresses up a notch with a really pretty coat. A long faux fur coat with a mini sweater dress is the perfect combination.
- PIN IT