Halloween is hands down my least favorite holiday. I know, I said it. Some people absolutely love it and enjoy the whole getting dressed up and kitschy decorations. But for me, not so much.
I will say, some of these Halloween cocktail ideas may change things for me. I don’t mind the idea of a Halloween cocktail one bit. And if you’re inviting me to a sophisticated Halloween party, I could get into this holiday real quick.
So if you’re hosting this year, or heading to a party (don’t forget a Halloween approved hostess gift), here are some delicious, and spooky, Halloween cocktail ideas to try!
Halloween Cocktail Ideas
Spooky Lemon Refresher
This only looks scary, but really it’s very simple! Just a spiked lemonade basically. And to make it black, add activated charcoal.
While you don’t need to do dry ice for this cocktail, it really adds an element of spook! This is a great Halloween cocktail for a punch bowl to serve a crowd.
- Your Favorite Store-bought Lemonade
- Activated Charcoal Pill – I used these, not all charcoal pills have loose powder on the inside but these do!
- Vodka or Tequila
- Dry Ice – Purchase at your local grocery store where they sell ice usually!
- Add lemonade and liquor to a pitcher.
- Break 1 activated charcoal capsule and add it to the mix
- Stir to combine
- Gently drop in a small chunk of dry ice
Spiked Pumpkin Spice Lattes
If you’re hosting a Halloween brunch, give these spiked pumpkin spiced lattes a try. They’re decadent, and you can top them with whipped cream and caramel for a seriously indulgent brunch cocktail.
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree – not the pumpkin pie filling, just straight 100% pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar – you can use white sugar if you like, but the brown adds more depth of flavor with the molasses. Light or dark works!
- 1/2 tbps of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup of water
Witches Brew Cocktail
I am such a fan of cocktails with pomegranate juice in them. It’s tart but a touch sweet, I simply love it. This is a really simple cocktail with tequila, pomegranate juice and just a few dashes of bitters. The dry ice is what really makes it super fun and festive!
- 1.5 oz of tequila
- 2 oz of pomegranate juice
- dash of bitters
- dry ice
- Add tequila, juice and bitters to a shaker with ice
- Shake vigorously
- Pour into your serving glass
- Add a small piece of dry ice
TIP: Be careful using dry ice! Use gloves or tongs to add the ice to your drink.
Maple Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
Since Halloween is in the middle of the fall season, I always think a classic fall cocktail is a good choice. Try this maple bourbon apple cider cocktail. It’s got all the warm spices of apple cider, with a little sweetness from the maple syrup.
This cocktail is also great to make in batches. You can even make just the apple cider in a big punch bowl, and keep the bourbon on the side so guests can choose to spike their cider or not.
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz of bourbon (I used Cooper Craft)
- Squeeze of lemon (optional)
Shop Halloween Barware Essentials
- PIN IT