A Mary Jane is one of my favorite style of shoes. It reminds me so much of being a kid and going to private school in our uniforms. And even though I used to hate putting on that uniform, somehow, years later, I have fond memories of it and look back on that look with fondness.
Mary Janes seem to be having a big moment right now. We’re seeing lots of cute Mary Janes for fall and winter, and are now seeing them again for spring. Just changing up the material or colors makes them seasonally appropriate.
What is a Mary Jane exactly? A Mary Jane is typically a rounded-toe shoe with one single strap across the foot. They come in flat versions and any heel height you can imagine. Plus, you can find pointed toe ones, square toe, and double strap ones as well.
Go for bedazzled, leather, patent, velvet or suede. And for spring and summer, try raffia or linen styles.
How To Wear Mary Janes
With your favorite jeans, slacks or skirts.
These shoes really are super versatile and you can wear them with any type of bottoms in your closet. Casually with jeans and a tee and cute jacket. Or to the office with trousers or a nice skirt. You can even wear them with dresses, shorts and so on. This is not a shoe that has any limitations in terms of what you can wear with them, just what you think looks good!
Try pairing Mary Janes with a sock
A really fun way to style your Mary Janes is to add a sock to them. It gives such a cute Parisian vibe to your look. This also makes your shoes a bit more comfortable, no rubbing!
My Favorite Mary Janes To Shop Right Now
- Classic Mary JaneA closet stapleLove the height of these heels and pointed toe SHOP
- StuddedReformationComes in lots of colors, love the shape of these SHOP
- The Miu Miu FlatAs seen on the runwayThese are such a trend right and feel really unique SHOP
- Silver Mary JanesSo Chic And FunThese are such a fun pair to have in your closet SHOP
- Classic FlatsA ballet flat updateA great addition to your closet if you already love a ballet flat SHOP
- Stuart WeitzmanTry denimThese are a really polished but fun pair for spring SHOP
- Nude PatentA designer findThese will last you years and go with so many things SHOP
- The Mesh TrendWould You Try It?These are all the rage and feel like a fun way to try the mesh trend SHOP
- Chunky In BurgundyLove this colorGreat with all shades of blue SHOP
- Mesh But NotNo Feet Pics For YouThe fact that there’s a cap toe makes these feel a little less scary! SHOP
- A Little FunkyUnique and quirkyLove the shape of these for something new SHOP
- Raffia Mary JanesPerfect for springThese are a great option to add to your spring wardrobe SHOP
More Mary Janes To Shop
Let’s get into some favorite Mary Janes to shop broken down by category. From wearing them to the office, to ones for spring and more casual outfits. Here are some more favorites to shop.
Dressy Mary Janes For The Office And Events
Try black patent Mary Janes, or high heeled versions. I love a pointed toe for a more polished and elevated look than the round toe which can feel a bit more casual.
Flat Mary Janes
If you love a ballet flat, try a Mary Jane that’s also a flat. It’s the perfect addition to your closet. And there are some fun options to try like a bow style Mary Jane.
Embellished Mary Janes And Mesh Mary Janes
Embellished Mary Janes and mesh Mary Janes seem to be having a BIG moment. If you’ve been wanting to add a really trendy piece to your closet, give these a try. And you can kill two birds with one stone and get a mesh and embellished Mary Jane all in one! Plenty of really fun options.
Mary Janes For Spring And Summer
For spring and summer, try Mary Janes in raffia fabrics. Or linens in denim and soft pastel colors. These are great to wear with spring dresses, lightweight denim or linen.
Now that you have all the best Mary Janes to choose from, which ones will you be styling with your wardrobe? I’m personally loving these low heeled silver Mary Janes since I’m obsessed with silver accessories at the moment. And these baby blue ones are really unique and different. I think they’d be cute with straight leg jeans and my brown suede pants.