Celebrating Hannukah was a favorite tradition of mine as a little girl. My mom would make a big batch of latkes and we’d eat them up with spoonfuls of applesauce on top. And then we’d sit around the menorah and add the candles and say the prayer.
Lighting the menorah was always a big part of our tradition. We’d first clean out the wax from the menorah from the night before with toothpicks. This was always a satisfying task for some reason. And then pick out which candles we’d want to add to it for that night. Then an adult would, of course, light the menorah for us and we’d sing the prayer.
Sometimes we’d play dreidel and there would always be gelt. And a few presents too. Hannukah was a holiday we celebrated when I was little but it is not been one we celebrate as much as adults now. I think many people think it’s as big of a deal as Christmas, but it really isn’t anything like that. So it’s kind of nice to revisit these memories and also maybe bring back the tradition in my own home with friends and family to light the menorah.
The Prettiest Menorahs To Shop For Hannukah
I always wanted a beautiful menorah as an adult. I wanted one that could live on my sideboard all year round and be a part of my decor. Not just one I pulled out for Hannukah for 8 days and that’s it.
So I went on the hunt for a beautiful piece and found this marble Jonathan Adler one. It’s been sitting on my credenza for years now and I just love it. It’s a statement all on its own. And a beautiful piece to use for Hannukah.
So if you’re looking for a beautiful menorah to keep in your home all year round, or just pull it out for the holidays, here are some of my favorites to shop.
Unique And Beautiful Menorahs To Shop For
- Bubble MenorahWest ElmLove the fun look of this one SHOP
- Concrete MenorahEtsy FindLove the variation in this and the beautiful shape SHOP
- Abstract BeautyJonathan AdlerA fun and colorful menorah that makes a statement SHOP
- Kate SpadeColorful & SimpleA pretty option for a feminine space SHOP
- Ceramic Menorahgreat etsy findLove this simple yet beautiful menorah SHOP
- Sculptural Yet SimpleWest ElmComes in 3 colors to choose from SHOP
- Sleek and ModernCrate & BarrelSHOP
- Brass Menorahfor the brass loversFor those of you who love brass accents SHOP
- Contemporary MenorahCrate & BarrelPretty details makes this piece feel super elegant SHOP
In addition to having a beautiful menorah, you must have great Chanukah candles to go with them. Hannukah candles are different as they are the right size for all menorahs. Menorahs have 9 spots for candles.
You start lighting your menorah with the middle candle, this is called the shamash. When you light this candle, you can then light the Hannukah candles one by one. Moving from right to left, you light a candle for each night.
Shop More Menorahs
- PIN IT