I found THIS recipe on Pinterest via Evil Shenanigans and figured I’d give it a shot. When I say give it a shot, I barely measure correctly and just wing it. I’m not a fan of rules or specifics, so mine may have a little more nutmeg, less banana, definitely more chocolate chips, but whatever happened it worked.
Little fun fact about me, I hate bananas the second they are fully yellow and start to develop a single brown freckle. Something about an over ripe banana makes me want to throw up. But what doesn’t make me throw up ever, is a super ripe banana, mashed up, with chocolate, and then baked into a fabulous decadent bread.
In an effort to not eat the whole thing (because this is something I could definitely do in about 2 days flat on my own if not sooner) I was super generous and gave a third to my sister and the other third to my Mom for her to serve up to her Mahjong friends.
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease loaf pans
- Cream sugar, oil and add eggs in one by one
- Mash bananas and add in
- Add dry ingredients
- Toss chocolate chips in a tbsp of flour then fold into the mix