Recipe adapted from 5 Ingredient Fix’s Claire Robinson and The Suburban Soap Box (image provided)
Have I told you I love bacon? Like really love bacon? My dogs name is Pork, so I feel like it’s always present in my life in a good way. This recipe is stupid easy. But stupid sticky. So be careful here and don’t get overly excited and eat it all before your guests come over. I was guilty of this the first time I made it that I only had a few slices to serve my guests. You may not want to eat plain bacon ever again after you try this. Just a warning folks, just a warning.
Recipe Candied Bacon
- 1 Package of bacon – oh who am I kidding, triple this if you plan on eating this alone before people come over
- 1/2 C Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine maple syrup, dijon mustard and black pepper together in a bowl
- Place bacon on a sheet pan and baste with syrup mixture
- Place in oven and while it bakes, baste it some more with that syrup mixture
- Flip over half way through cooking to baste the other side too
- Eat the shit out of this bacon.