I’m not a big juice drinker, sure maybe a little grapefruit or OJ in the morning just to take my vitamins, but juice was never something I was obsessed with. And ordering a glass of orange juice at a restaurant actually grosses me out. The one juice I do consider a true treat, partially because it’s so expensive, but also because it’s insanely delicious is pomegranate juice. The tang with the sweetness is a favorite combination of mine. I thought using pomegranate in a refreshing margarita would be fun, but boring solo. Adding fresh mint was exactly what this cocktail needed. It’s refreshing, tangy and slightly sweet. I hope you enjoy my pomegranate mint margarita recipe, it’s a cinch to make!
If you’re just getting into tequila’s and margaritas, I highly recommend Sauza for your cocktail. It’s always been my go to for mixing cocktails with it’s clean taste and a short finish, which means you won’t be cringing after you take a sip. I especially like Sauza gold (any gold tequila really) for Bloody Mary’s (or Maria’s) as seen here.
- 2oz Pomegranate Juice
- 1.5 oz of Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- 3-5 Mint leaves, torn
- 2 oz Pellegrino (or any sparkling water/soda)
- Tear and slap your mint, it releases all the essential oils (you’ll see crazy mixologists doing this)
- Add Pomegranate, tequila, mint and ice to a shaker and shake.
- Strain over ice and top with Pellegrino
Photo by Hannah Michelle