Denim is obviously one of my all time favorite things to add to my closet. I am denim-obsessed. I mean, the name of my blog has the word INDIGO in it, and it’s a nod to the dye often used for denim.
But one can only own so many pairs of denim jeans before they start to either run out of space, or places to wear them. While I think you can wear denim to just about anything, I mean Jenna Lyons did wear jeans to the RHONY finale which was somehow a shock. I do think there may be (almost) a limit to how many pairs I can own.
Unexpected Denim Pieces
So instead, I am finding myself adding some unexpected denim pieces to my closet. From unique denim jackets, to denim skirts and dresses, and even denim trench coats. Plus, why not try a denim handbag or headband as a new accessory to switch things up.
While I think many of these have more classic styles like your typical denim jacket, there are fresh updates to these silhouettes that feel more elevated and fashionable than just a closet staple like a denim jacket.
So if you’re a denim girlie like me, and always adding lots of denim to your closet, let’s switch it up. OR maybe you’re someone who doesn’t love to wear jeans, good news for you, because all of these things work with NON denim items.
Sure you can rock a Canadian Tuxedo and pair these pieces with even more of your favorite denim in your closet. You can check out some of my Canadian Tuxedo tips here to really master the look.
Here are some of my favorite unexpected denim pieces to shop. Because truly, denim just goes with everything and it makes me feel good!
Unexpected Denim Pieces To Shop
- A&F Denim TrenchA Closet Must HaveYou’ll be surprised how much you’ll wear this SHOP
- Dolce Vita HeelsThe perfect chunky platformPair with a floral dress or white denim SHOP
- Bottega Veneta BeautyA total splurgeIf you’re a designer bag gal, this is your bag SHOP
- the jumpsuitCanadian Tuxedo done rightpair with a colorful sneaker or neutral heel SHOP
- Mango Bagon trend shape, fun fabrictruly goes with anything SHOP
- A New Denim JacketTotal upgrade to your classic denim jacketa really fun light layer SHOP
- Denim HeadbandA simple and fun accessoryThe perfect headband to add a little denim to your look SHOP
- J.Crew Pearl DenimAn unexpected detailbest believe I’m still bejeweled SHOP
- Classic HeelDenim slingbacksThis shoe silhouette will be your go-to for spring SHOP
- Lovers & FriendsThe most fun denim toptry this as a spring going out top SHOP
- Chunky SneakerSuch A Fun Everyday UpdateAn update to your chunky sneaker SHOP
- Alice + Olivia Heart JeansStatement JeansThe most fun jeans you’ll ever own SHOP
Today’s Look In Unexpected Denim
Today’s look is one of my favorites for fall and winter. And honestly, you can bring this into spring with just a few swaps. I am stunned as to how much I love my denim trench. When you first put it on, it feels like, well, a lot of denim. But trust the process! You may be wondering how to style a denim trench coat and I got you!
Shop More Denim Favorites
I paired my Madewell denim trench with these stunning suede pants to break up the colors and fabric. And to bring in the earthy tones, I styled it with this printed turtleneck that is full of shades of blue, green and a bit of brown. Making it the perfect top for this look.
And to finish the look off, I paired it with my hunter green suede Amazon mules. These are such a great pair of heels to have, and they come in so many colors. I think I may need a few more!
Shop The Post
- PIN IT