Warm Autumn Salad
A warm autumn salad that is full of roasted vegetables, fresh fruit and a poppyseed vinaigrette
Servings 6 servings
- 2 12 oz bags of butternut squash cubed (this is roughly 3-4 cups if you're buying it whole)
- 3 cups of brussel sprouts cut in half or quartered if they're massive
- 3 strips of bacon optional
- 1 apple diced
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- Goat cheese crumbled - Use as little or as much as you like here
- A few handfuls of baby kale can also substitute spinach or arugula
- Poppyseed vinaigrette I did store bought, totally acceptable
- 1/4 cup candied pecans rough chop
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Prep two baking sheets with tin foil and add your butternut squash to one, bacon and brussel sprouts to the other. Toss in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
Roast for about 20 minutes until tender. I did these on separate sheets because my brussels finished before my butternut squash. Just keep an eye on it. Having two sheet pans was much easier in my opinion to pull one out if they were done sooner.
Toss the vegetables with the baby kale, it'll wilt a bit which is fine. You can toss this all with a few tablespoons of the dressing to get it started too.
Top with apples, goat cheese, pomegranate seeds and pecans. Drizzle a little more of your dressing over the top.